Saturday 1 December 2007

Jennifer Love Hewitt Proud To Be a Real Woman

Jennifer Love Hewitt was spending this past weekend, minding her own business, in Hawaii with her new fiance, Ross McCall, when some photographers starting snapping pictures of her from all sorts of bad angles on one particular day they were spending at the beach. All of a sudden, the pictures were popping up everywhere with nasty headlines like "Jennifer Love Hewitt Piles on the Pounds", "Jennifer Love Hewitt's 'Healthy' Bottom" and such...
The pictures of Jennifer in Hawaii

(in case you're wondering, I will not be posting the picture of her behind here, because, well, that's just mean. It's her behind and no one else's business)

And this is what Jennifer has to say in response:

This is the last time I will address this subject.

I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image.

A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful.

What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles. I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body.

To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini -- put it on and stay strong.

Xoxo

JLH

You go, girl! I'm so happy for Jen. Finally there is a normal sized actress out there who is happy with (and even better, proud of) her body, even though it's not stick thin.
Jennifer, with fiance Ross McCall, stays happy despite all the nasty press.

Ok, it's official. Jennifer Love Hewitt is my new hero.

Catch.

*Romany*

[photos courtesy of egotastic.com and popsugar.com]

No comments: