Friday 21 December 2007

High School Trendspotting: Country Road bags

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Australia these bags are positively famous, and for some reason an absolute must-have for any girl (sometimes even guys) going through the later stages of high school. What is it about these bags that make them a cult favourite? I'm not really sure, I've never seen the 'absolute must-have' attraction of the bags, which explains why I don't have one myself. It's not that I have anything against them -- they're huge, sturdy and can come in some nice colours. But I'm not bothering, because rest-assured I'm sure they won't remain en vogue for too much longer.

See they're a pretty regular bag. My guess is that they're size was originally what everyone was looking for, then after everyone had one for practicality, they became an 'IT' bag. It's strange, but then again, it's high school. (sorry, it's not the most glamorous photo, but it does the trick.)
Clue for next FT post: GUESS? who...

Catch.

*Romany*

[photo courtesy of cgi.ebay.com.au]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI - The CR shoulder bag was a 'must have' items for high school students back in 1986 (or so).!!Mine was tan, but the navy was more popular.

Romany said...

Really? Gosh, Country Road really hit the jackpot with that one, right?
:-)

Josephh said...

The Thing is with these bags are its just the fact that they are a accessory for the teen life.
I have one. and trust me they are the best for a day in the city with a few item or for a night out in town its always on you, and easy to hold. They are a "must have" for the gout going teens"

Anonymous said...

Though fashion isn't something I'd brag as my expertise, Id say you have the idea pretty well summed up in the article. Good work on your writing style, it's engaging while still not too formal. Journalism looks like a good career for you, and you're just in high-school! Keep working at it, and your fashion insight will grow and prosper, I assure you. Good luck with future reviews and fashion ideas.

Anonymous said...

Though fashion isn't something I'd brag as my expertise, Id say you have the idea pretty well summed up in the article. Good work on your writing style, it's engaging while still not too formal. Journalism looks like a good career for you, and you're just in high-school! Keep working at it, and your fashion insight will grow and prosper, I assure you. Good luck with future reviews and fashion ideas.