Sunday 16 December 2007

Quote of the Week

"I thought it was going to be a lot greater than it was. I thought, 'Boy wouldn't it be great for everyone to know who you are?' And I decided very quickly, no that's not great at all. Fame is a prison. It's a prison, and the more famous you are, the smaller your world becomes. And that's not any fun."
Dave Madden (aka Reuben Kincaid, of TV's 'The Partridge Family') on his expectations of fame.

Wow. I mean, you hear celebrities saying they're not fans of their overwhelming fame, but this takes it to an extreme. A necessary extreme though, I believe. It's a real wake up call for anyone who's considering getting into show business just because of the fame.
He said this on a YouTube video I was just watching -- 'David Cassidy: the story of...' It was fascinating! I even got a bit choked up at times. Definitely worth a watch.

No comments: