Friday 18 January 2008

Quote of the Week

"I'm against Yucca Mountain. I think the science is not there. I've never, I've never been for Yucca. Never been for it. Never said I was for it.
Suddenly you've got the Clinton camp out there saying, `He's for Yucca.' What part of I'm not for Yucca do you not understand?

Those kinds of tricks, that kind of approach to politics is what has to stop because what happens is then nobody believes anything. The voters don't believe what politicians say. They get cynical. Folks in Congress, they'll tell you they're looking out for you - they're looking out for somebody else.
We have to change that politics and that's why I'm running for president."

Barack Obama, on why his political tactics are different to those of his opponents.

I found this in an article in The Huffington Post, and while Barack is blatantly making fun of the Clinton camp in the rest of this article, here it demonstrates his core values, and reasons for doing so. I'm not condoning his put-downs (which are basically just for a cheap laugh it seems), but I'm willing to overlook them, and focus on the positivity.

No comments: