Friday 4 January 2008

Give Your Jewellery More Shine!

A few weeks ago, I was asking my mother how I was supposed to shine my silver jewellery without any silver polish. She told me about a little trick she used to use, involving toothpaste and water. Now by silver, I don't mean actual silver (I wouldn't let water within 5 feet of my actual silver jewellery), just the relatively cheap, painted silver stuff you can get from Diva and shops alike.
Basically, all you have to do is get an old toothbrush and some toothpaste (commercial brands, i.e. Colgate or Macleans etc) and scrub any dirt off. It doesn't exactly work wonders, but you'll certainly see a vast improvement. I had a necklace which I use to wear everyday, but recently have found that I can't bring myself to put it around my neck anymore because it just felt dirty. Well, a quick scrub with the ol' toothbrush and toothpaste (oh and a splash of water to scrub with and to rinse with - can't forget that) sorted that problem right out. This is the necklace:
BEFORE
See? Rather dirty, wouldn't you say?

AFTER
Ok so it's not Tiffany's, but I can at least stand to touch it again. Lol. It's a lot shinier, and albeit more silver now.

So if you're jewellery needs a little pep in it's step, then give it zing with some reliable ol' mouth scrubber! Good luck!

Catch.

*Romany*

No comments: