Thursday 31 January 2008

Best Dressed at the SAG Awards 2008

The first actual red carpet event of the year - maybe I'm crazy or maybe I'm just fashion starved, but for what it's worth - I thought they all looked fabulous! Some could have looked better, I'll admit, a little bit more effort never goes astray, lol. But for the most-part, the SAG awards really brought out some gorgeous numbers. As per usual, mermaid trains dominated the arrivals area, but it was good to see a somewhat variety of colours...
The Blues...
These lovely ladies chose, what I personally think is, the most flattering colour there is. Amanda looks grown-up and positively regal in this jewel-encrusted gown. Jamie-Lynn stuck to block colours (she's a woman of curves - she knows what suits her and what doesn't. Gotta love that) and the result: a winner. Oh Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. The way the dress gathers at the décolletage, the stacked shimmery bangles and the clash of red hair with a blue gown - all the ingredients for a red carpet stunner.

The Whites...
Hands down best dressed. Marion Cotillard knows how to make me jealous in her to-die-for Nina Ricci gown. All I can really say is perfect. Perfect hair. Perfect accessories. Perfect length. A little too perfect, you ask? Not this time. Lol.

Backless is hard to pull off - but Eva gives Hilary Swank a run for her money. As much as I do love this dress, I think it looks better from the back than the front. She looks very chic, sporting an old Hollywood up-do and blindingly bright earrings.

I've been hearing lots of criticism about Teri Hatcher's Badgley Mischka (of course, lol) gown. But the way I see it - what's not to like? Badgley and Mischka are both wonderful designers and here's a perfect demonstration of that fact.

...and the Downright Gorgeous.
Ana Ortiz isn't quite a household name yet, but if her fashion sense is anything to go by, I think we'll be hearing her name a lot more from now on. Love the simplicity of the black, then a splash of silver with the pendant. Same with Sara Ramirez - I love her because she's really making a difference as far as not-conforming-to-skinny-Hollywood-ideals goes. And fashionably, too...Oh Debra Messing just looks perpetually beautiful. As well as her impeccable hair and gorgeous make-up, I actually preferred the top-half of her Oscar De La Renta gown - so to highlight all this I chose not to include a full-length shot.

So...one red-carpet down, hopefully many more to go. Oscar's, here we come!

Catch.

Romany

[photos courtesy of popsugar.com and style.com]

2 comments:

Deanna said...

love your thoughts on the sag award fashions...i was definitely going fashion-starved too (major withdrawls if i'm being honest!)

we definitely have similar tastes on hits and misses!

Romany said...

Let's just hope nothing gets in the way of the Oscars (aka - the mother of all red carpet fashion exhibitions) lol.
Just out of curiosity - what did you think of Angelina's dress?
I wasn't loving it, I have to say...
xx