Sunday 16 September 2007

Thoughts on Who magazine's Best & Worst Dressed 2007

Ok, so I was a little surprised at this year's supposed "Best and Worst" dressed for two reasons: 1. I was under the impression that WHO's list would have been "inspired" by People's list, and therefore end up being exactly the same. But I was wrong. WHO's Best and Worst dressed were somewhat different. So that was a good surprise.
2. I was quite shocked at the amount of deliberately unflattering photos they used. To me, it seemed as though they targeted some of the people of the Worst dressed end of the spectrum that for whatever reason they don't like right now, displayed particularly unflattering photos (some that weren't even from this year) and labelled them "Worst Dressed". I thought this was most unfair. But it's their opinion, obviously, so I won't get too upset. So here's the list:

BEST
1. Sienna Miller. Agreed, she is rather stylish.
2. Dita Von Teese. Don't agree. While she is quite style savvy, she has made some definite fashion faux pas this year.
3. Chloe Sevigny. Agreed. She is a style icon, hands down. Even when she looks bad, she looks good. Lol.
4. Cameron Diaz. Most definitely agreed. This has been her year fashion-wise.
5. Katherin Heigl. Don't agree. While she is stunninly beautiful, I wouldn't say her fashion choices are anything special.
6. America Ferrera. Don't agree. Same reason as Kat Keigl, although America is wearing a particulalry pretty, yellow coat in one of these photos.
7. Justin Timberlake. Agreed, he's probably the most stylish man in Hollywood. And he gets extra points for being hot. Lol.
8. Jodi Gordon. Meh. Whatever.
9. Hayden Panettiere. 100% agreed, although she should have been higher on the list.
10. Kate Middleton. I suppose I agree, although I could think of a few others who probably rank higher than her, in my opinion.

WORST (now here's when the unfairness kicks in)
1. Avril Lavigne. There was a period when she was very stylish, then she released Girlfriend and now I suppose she's back to her old fashion ways again. So, agreed.
2. CoCo. I've never even heard of this woman, except when Ice-T is mentioned, but she does look like she deserves to be here. Sorry.
3. Britney Spears. Hmm, toughie. I'm going to say I disagree. Gotta support the Brit-Brit.
4. Kelly Clarkson. Don't agree. They've used unflattering photos to support their "point", and have completely ignored the fact that she's made some excellent fashion choices this year.
5. Jessica Simpson. Don't agree, exactly the same point as Kelly's.
6. Bai Ling. I'm sorry, but I don't even know who this woman is, what she does, and why I should care? Oops, that sounded totally nasty. Sorry.
7. Joss Stone. Don't agree. I love her style. Mostly, lol.
8. Amy Winehouse. I suppose I agree, her fashion isn't really my cup of tea.
9. Victoria Beckham. Don't necessarily agree. I like her style, but yes I suppose she has made a few mistakes, recently.
10. Pete Doherty. Meh. He's a guy, and he wears pretty much the same thing everywhere so that's a total cop-out choice.

Yes, so not really happy with the list, this year. But honestly, congrats to them on making one anyway, I know how hard it is.
All the same, it's a good issue. Grab yourselves a copy, I recommend it. :)

Catch.

*Romany*

No comments: