Wednesday 19 September 2007

Say What?

Have you ever wondered how to pronounce a big name in fashion but are too embarassed to ask? Frankie from City Chic's got you covered.
I stumbled across this after watching ET's coverage of the Emmy Awards. Mary Hart was interviewing a certain starlet (could it have been Hayden? I can't remember...) and announced that her dress was by Monique Lhuillier, except I didn't recognise the name because I'd never heard it said aloud before. And then I realised, what about all those other hard-to-pronounce names? So I looked it up and found this extensive list from City Chic (a blog which seems to only contain a few posts from September 2005).
It covers models, designers and commonly used fashion terms.
Of course, fashion pronunciation lists can be found all over the internet.
About.com offers audio -- extremely helpful.
the Fashion Spot also offers an extensive amount, asked and answered by its members.
If it's a definition your after, check out The Dress King Fashion Glossary.

Happy pronunciation!

Catch.

*Romany*

No comments: