Sunday 11 November 2007

Come on, Vogue! Let your body move to the music...

I am in the biggest Vogue mood today.
As my up-and-down relationship with Vogue Australia intensifies, I believe that this month's issue is a turning point. I was walking past the fashion glossies in a newsagent yesterday after work, and couldn't help but think to myself, with this be the month? The month that I re-ignite my love affair with the messiah of Australian fashion? Much to my delight, it is.
And this month it's all about Australian talent (similar to the October issue of last year, the first Vogue I ever bought, coincidently)! Kristy Hinze is the cover girl, in a modern-retro swimsuit and sporting what looks like a very masculine Rolex (but I could be wrong). Strange choice, I have to admit, but I really like the contrast of the overall picture.

In a non-Vogue-Australia-related story: ever wondered what it's really like to work for Anna Wintour? A certain ex-intern has spilled all. This article is from July, 2006 but it's still very relevant. I was reading and was shocked at the similarities to the The Devil Wears Prada (more the book; the movie is extremely different). Even the author (the ex-intern) points out the similarities! It's definitely worth a read, for anyone considering a job like this (myself included). Here's a little preview of the article:
The most ridiculous thing I had to do during my three-month internship at American Vogue was to order a blacked-out company limo to chauffeur a plate of cold turkey sausages about a mile to the Hermès showroom. My boss, fashion assistant to one of the more prestigious editors and furiously feisty to boot, thought nothing of spending close to $100 ferrying sausages, or anything else for that matter, around Manhattan.
There was no pay, the work was menial in the extreme and yet a million girls would kill for the chance. Yes, what follows is my very own version of The Devil Wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger’s fictionalised account of one girl’s baptism of fire working for an American glossy, and now a film starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep.

Want to read the rest of the article? Of course you do. Click here for the full story.
Have a very Vogue day (if you're not like me and having one already).

Catch.

*Romany*

[photo courtesy of vogue.com.au]

No comments: