Saturday 24 November 2007

Does It Get Any Better? Beauty and Sex and the City of course

One of my favourite things to do after coming from school/work is to make myself a snack and settle with a nice, comforting episode of Sex and the City. This has been happening a lot recently (bad, I know...what about exam study, right?), but it's really given me a new perception of the show and it's characters. I've only really gotten into Sex and the City over the last 2 or 3 years, so I've seen all the episodes at least once, but watching all the seasons again has really changed my opinion of the characters.
I was never a Miranda fan, now she's my favourite. Samantha is so careless and selfish this time around, Carrie gets more and more deluded and self-absorbed as the seasons progress, and Charlotte's pretty much her same old loveable self.
All criticisms aside, the show is one of my favourites and always will be. It's been an absolute inspiration to women all around the world, showing them they can be strong and independent while maintaining impeccable style at the same time. It's such a comfort show...I love it.

The production that I'm supposed to be "starring" in soon, if we can ever get it fully of the ground, is a lot more work than we "producers" anticipated. Today consisted of costume and prop research (no purchasing occurred, considering the fact that only two of our cast and crew members, myself included, were available to attend this "research" session) at the monster fabric store Spotlight, and a quick stop-off in China Town. Our play is Asian-themed, you see. But today was not entirely unsuccessful. I managed to get my hands on some Kerastase Volumactive shampoo (much to my mother's dismay; she's still studying Human Ecology), and Jurlique Ultra Sensitive Make-up Remover.
The shampoo isn't even right for my hair, I just get it because it smells soo good. I'm also planning on giving my mum a day at the South Yarra Jurlique Spa for her birthday in December, but don't know how I would go about doing that. Can anyone help me out?
Yes that was my attempt at a belated beauty post. Don't worry, a more than half-hearted beauty update is still to come.

Catch.

*Romany*

[photos courtesy of hbo.com, cosmeticmall.com and shop.fredsegalbeauty.com]

No comments: