Saturday 11 August 2007

Josie Maran: making the world a prettier place


American supermodel Josie Maran proves to us that there's more to her than just a pretty face.
For 17 years, Josie Maran has been making her living as a model (including jobs like Guess?, Maybelline, Sports Illustrated, a Backstreet Boys music video and movies 'Van Helsing' and 'The Aviator'), but recently Josie has turned her interests outside the world of modelling. Not far outside, though. Josie Maran Cosmetics is the model's latest venture.
The eco-conscious mother (of Rumi, whom Josie gave birth to in her backyard, last year), has created an environmentally friendly cosmetics line, due for release in September 2007 (the line will only be available in the U.S. to begin with, unfortunately).
The products are said to be pure, gentle, non-toxic and sans any ingredients that damage the planet.
Josie says, "I know exactly what I like. My tastes are very specific. I crave quality, whether it's the best fabric, the best food or the best makeup. I try to surround myself with the best of everything."
She's obviously done her homework. Of all the celebrity-turned-designers (of some form), this has got to be the most genuine and thought-about idea. Eco-cosmetics created by a woman who would have to know more than most, about makeup, is an excellent idea!
"What most women don't realise is that when models and actresses look fresh-faced and make-up free, it's because they know how to apply their make-up to make it look that way. I want to open the vault on all the tips and tricks I've learned in the makeup chair. I've seen how makeup can make a person feel great. I want to share that with women everywhere."

With intentions as good as these, how could she go wrong? I, for one, will defintely be lining up to get my hands on some of this.


Catch.

*Romany*

[photo courtesy of askmen.com]

No comments: