Sunday 5 August 2007

Giving the bold shoulder

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day shoulder pads (or something similar) would be revived.
Bold shoulders goes hand in hand with the masculine themes we've been seeing on the autumn/winter runways, but I, for one, will not be jumping on the bandwagon of this trend. Sorry, but this trend lived in the 80s (and to an extent, the 40s) and that's where it should stay.

Maison Martin Margiela takes broad shoulders to a whole new level. Gucci gives it a corporate twist (with Stam sporting a very pretty classic hollywood look).

Karen Walker designs an outfit featuring bold shoulders that I actually like. Perhaps there is hope for me after all? Lol. Peter Som shows us the playful side.

Being a gal with already broad shoulders, I know in advance that this look just wouldn't work for me...what do you think? Are bold shoulders ready for a comeback?


Catch.

*Romany*

[photos courtesy of style.com]

No comments: