Saturday 20 October 2007

High School Trendspotting: Slouchy Boots

Now this is something that started quite a while ago. Obviously it's more of a winter trend, but can be worn in summer also, with shorts. Doesn't sound too hot? Believe me, it is.
I generally try to steer clear of leather and suede products (I'm a vegetarian, see), but sometimes I just can't help myself. I've never even found a pair that come in my size, anyway, so I guess it's for the best.
Anyway, the type I see mostly are fairly dark, flat and leather. So basically, just imagine these...

...except without the heel (and perhaps in most cases a tiny bit darker, but this trend is open to interpretation of course). These can be worn with jeans (dark, skinny/ slim line jeans mostly), opaque stockings (another red hot trend), short shorts (more on those in another post) etc.

It started with one person, then before I knew it they were everywhere! Much like the Jade Necklaces. But, I suppose, that's what a trend is right?
Clue for next FT post: glow in the dark...

Catch.

*Romany*

[photo courtesy of fabsugar.com]

No comments: