Saturday 13 October 2007

High School Trendspotting: Jade Necklaces

This idea just popped into my head this morning at work. My friends and I were talking about a particular fashion trend we've been seeing a lot of lately (one which I shall elaborate on in a later post), and I thought to myself wow, high school really is one of the most trend-following places on earth. Then I thought about how fashion trends (FT's) are extremely important to some people (myself partially included, lol), and figured it would be a good idea to record all the FT's I notice at school and write about them. This can be for any number of causes, e.g.: so people can read about a particular FT and perhaps decide to try it out..?
Anyway, I thought I'd start with something that I, myself, have invested in (and I was one of the first, I'm proud to admit, lol): Jade necklaces with red strings.


I remember writing about the fact that my close friends were going on a trip to China a little while ago. Well, they've been back for a few weeks, and one particular gorgeous friend of mine brought me back a jade necklace. She also bought these for quite a few of our friends. We started our school term this week, wore our necklaces and all of a sudden it's the new black.
Jade is a beautiful stone, and the red string represents good luck. Mine is heart-shaped, but they come in millions of different shapes and sizes.
For my High School Trendspotting (it's not a very catchy or original title, is it?) segment, I will try and give clues about the next FT.
Clue for next FT post: if the shoe fits...

Catch.

*Romany*

[photo courtesy of chinese-zodiac-symbols.com]

No comments: