Monday 12 January 2009

Best Dressed: 2009 Golden Globes

Ah, awards season. It only gets better from here. I was genuinely surprised to see this amount of colour and volume on the red carpet of the 2009 Golden Globes. I was expecting the usual sexy variations of slim silhouettes and shades of black and gray, but then out comes the Rainbow Parade that was the Hollywood A-List.

Top of the list.
Drew is pure, dream-like heaven in this beautiful blue Dior. And the high hair and subtle makeup is a romantic homage to old Hollywood.
Elizabeth Banks may be new to the A-List scene but if this gorgeous look is any indication of things to come, I'm definitely looking forward to her star rising even higher.

Second place.
Amy Adams always gets it right, keeping it simply and sexy in this black De La Renta. I would have accessorized with a subtle necklace, though.
The surprise hit of Golden Globes, Slumdog Millionaire's Freida Pinto made a brave and effective choice of gown. The colour compliments her skin-tone prefectly.

Third Place.
Evan Rachel-Wood is well on her way to establishing herself as a fashion-force to be reckoned with. As far as I'm concerned, she looks fabulous 24/7.
I. Love. This. Dress. I never really thought of Rumer Willis as particularly fashion-forward, but hey, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention?

Fourth Place.
America looks cute and pretty as usual in this De La Renta.
Wow, how popular was J. Mendel for dress choice at the Golden Globes? Taraji has been doing the award show circuit dressed to the nines, so far.

What do you all think? Love 'em or leave 'em?

Catch.

Romany

[photos courtesy of style.com]

2 comments:

Ana said...

Fun post! I love to hear thoughts on red carpet looks from other fashion fans. We picked some of the same faves!

Cathy said...

I didn't watch the Golden Globes and missed all coverage (being on holidays), so thanks for the highlights. I think Drew Barrymore looks amazing!