Anyway, this doesn't mean we can't have a little fun now. I've been meaning to post this for ages so I'm very excited...
A couple of years ago, I was an avid Dolly magazine reader (think the Aussie version of ElleGirl, CosmoGirl, Seventeen etc...but a little less high-end than TeenVogue), and stumbled upon these two cute perfume-personality articles. I loved them both. I thought it was hilarious how they managed to match each perfume to a boy and a girl (you'll see what I mean). In the first article, they got about 20 perfumes and separated them into different teenage girl personalities (this was before 'emo' and 'alterna-punk' etc. hit the scene), and included descriptions of each so the readers could categorize themselves. And in the second article they gathered about 10 or 11 perfumes and separated them into which ones would attract which type of guy (very general and basic categories). I did the math and figured out which group of teenage girl perfumes would attract which group of boys. Of course I had to update the poster girls and boys for each category (Ashlee Simpson ain't exactly a rock chick no more, and I'm afraid Jeremy Sumpter no longer fills the walls of every teen girl's bedroom).
And the results are in...
- If you had enough cash, you'd buy shares in Tree of Life.
- You love your cowboy boots even more than your best friend.
- You can't wait to get your P plates so you can organise a road trip down the coast.
- Your favourite pig-out food is environmentally friendly organic chocolate and you're a committed vegetarian.
Don't intimidate him! Sweet guys go for girls who smell nice -- not OTT. Look for a scent that says "I'm girlie" but doesn't scream cutesy. It's all about being feminine.
- You get ready for a big night out by blaring the Killers and Franz Ferdinand.
- You wish Paris Hilton would go back to wherever it is she came from and stay there.
- Your ideal date would be spent in the mosh pit at the Big Day Out.
- You think black is the new black.
A guy who's got loads of mates, loves to dance and knows how to dress? Sounds like heaven to us! If he's the life of the party, chances are he'll sniff out the outgoing girl who likes to have a good time. So shimmy into your best party frock, spritz yourself with a flirty floral scent, accessorize with your brightest smile and watch Mr Popular come running to the dance floor.
- You couldn't live without a good lip gloss.
- You're not sure how you coped before The OC/Gossip Girl/Top Model started.
- You've had your formal dress planned for months...and it's not till next year!
- You think a party isn't a party without heels, sleek hair and Beyonce on the stereo.
If he makes you laugh till your face hurts, he's a keeper. And chances are he'll look twice when you walk passed smelling all sweet and lovely. We just know Shia follows his nose...
- You're often heard asking, "Who wants to go on a picnic?"
- You understand the responsibilities that come with being house captain...on the debating team...and a prefect.
- Your cooking is so good, you'd give the canteen ladies a run for their money.
- Your wardrobe resembles a Polo Ralph Lauren catalogue.
Think Gisele Bundchen snagged the footballer with her looks and talent alone? Nuh-uh...we recky she wowed him with an outdoorsy fragrance. You want a scent that says "I'm easy-going". Ah, love all!
All celebrities and personality descriptions appropriated for 2008 (those hot in 2005 are not all so hot 3 years later).
I laugh every time I read the descriptions - they're so obviously written by a teen girls' mag. Love it!
Which one are you?
[photos courtesy of myboardingschool.com, slideshow.ivillage.com, leightonmeesterfan.net, people.com 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, oceanup.typepad.com, time-blog.com, obsessedwithfilm.com, platformlaunchaction.blogspot.com, quorra.ca, any.co.uk, home-gift-products.savingsareon.co.uk and 1clickperfumes.com]